Tuesday, March 29, 2011

mini update

Just a quick update, I feel like although I am crazy busy, there is nothing bloggable going on in my life.

Except my invention of the word bloggable.

PhotobucketStill doing couch to 5k, on week 2, up to a whole NINETY seconds of running at a time. My piriformis is holding solid though, so not pushing it. Oddly, my hamstrings have been tight- maybe because of the walking? Anyhow, have been going out at 5am to get the runs in in time to get Matthew to the bus stop by 6:05. Is nice, actually being done that early, once I am able to pry my body from the bed. Nice also to be running again, albeit in 90s intervals.





Matthew is playing crazy amounts of baseball, but it's all good, we all love it. The littles get dragged along, but most of the fields have playgrounds, and all have a ton of OTHER little siblings there to play with. And hot dogs, they love the hot dogs... I try not to let them have all those preservatives and stuff otherwise, but they can't resist the lure of the baseball diamond 'dog.  Me, I say yuck.


Photobucket


Thomas is going to be going to his very first overnight trip without us this weekend- to camp! It's for kids with special needs who otherwise would not be able to go to camp- lots have significant chronic medical issues like cerebral palsy and the like. He is beyond excited, and I am excited for him, yet a little nervous. They have a good amount of staff/volunteers and I have the cell phone of the director in my speed dial, so I'll be okay. He just tends to wander at night... It's called Lindsey's Place I'll blog more about it after he goes. It's less than an hour from our house.




The lottery drawing for pre-K at Marshpoint (where Thomas goes now) for Leah Kate is on Thursday morning. They have 20 slots and hundreds of applicants, but I am trying to stay my usual optimistic self. Prayers are accepted for sure!

Photobucket




Lots of stuff going on around the house- little projects like drywalling and painting and some new stuff and some old stuff going out, etc. Feels very unsettled right now, I'll be glad when it's all done (is it EVER??)

HAPPY TUESDAY Y'ALL!! Off to Thomas' 8 year checkup :)

Oh- we had huge HAIL on Sunday! I grabed the camera a little too late for when it was really coming down, but it was still super cool. The kids thought it was great, Leah Kate has a baggie full still in our freezer, ha ha! Here's a short clip:

5 comments:

lmcarmitage said...

Leah Kate's eyes are soo pretty-are they green?? Love your blog!

KovasP said...

That's serious hail! Good luck with the pre-K draw.

AM! said...

Hi!
Good bloggable stuff;-)

and it's baseball time over here, but with the rains...oy! we've only had 1 out of 4 games so far

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I like the word bloggable

I done the cool running 5k program, in my opnion its one of the better ones

We had hail last week, bb size ones, nothing like you did

My Own Calcutta said...

5am! You are a machine. I've always wanted to be the 5am runner, but i know my limits.
Good luck with camp. I know how hard it is to let them go. I remember Bel's first camp experience. I was a mess BUT she was laughing and waving from the bus. 3 days later, she came home a whole different person.