Monday, January 31, 2011

Munchie Monday: Almond stuffed OLIVES!

I swear I do snack on fruits and veggies and all that, my life is not just one big pickle tray, but I do tend to go towards the savory snack. So that said, munchie Monday #2's snack of choice is Lindsay Nutty Almond Queen Olives  a huge perfect crunchy almond stuffed into a green olive. Yum.

Photobucket

Stats include 20 calories and 1.5g fat per 2 olives (that's the good fat people!), no carbs or cholesterol.  A couple of these are enough to get you to the next meal- crunchy, salty, savory, indulgent!

Photobucket

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend- Mark and I went to a super nice wedding yesterday, kid free (a true rarity 'round here)! The weather was perfect (finally!)- close to 70 and sunny, they had the service and cocktail hour out on the lawn of the Savannah Westin- I had a short sleeved dress on and was comfy, yay! Now it just needs to get up to my beloved 80's and I will be a new person, winter blahs stink. A day like yesterday slipped into the first page of the calendar surely helps breathe new life in!  Rainy day today, so I plan to do a spin class with a mile treadmill run on either side of it. Then a mountain of laundry.

Okay, off to do work with the little ones, Thomas looks like he's starting his own blog ;)

Photobucket

Tell me YOUR great, satisfying, somewhat healthy snacks!

2 comments:

The Church Cook said...

Yes, I can see Thomas starting an awesome blog! I'm a savory girl so all things savory make me happy. Esp, spiced pecans and such. :)

gba_gf said...

Just wanted to come by and say that your comment MADE MY DAY. Thank you SO very very much. It was just the medicine I needed. Thank you. g.