Monday, July 04, 2011

Celebrating MY independence!

...from injury, yay!
Photobucket
 (Also, of course the REAL 4th of July, Happy Birthday to the USA!!)



Started my 18 week training program for the Savannah Rock and Roll Half Marathon . It starts off super slow, which is great because the last time I really ran was at least 2 months and 10 pounds ago. It said to run one mile.
Photobucket
ha ha, felt like it was like this ;)
I am sure most of you could run a mile before your real workout, but for me to run a mile without stopping right now was pretty huge. I also walked a 1/2 mile before and after the mile run for a total of 2 miles in 26 min. (my running part was about 11 min).


Stretched a TON afterward, plus foam rolled. Also did 20 pushups, 50 situps and 2 x 45 sec. plank.  Hey, it's a start, ha ha.
Photobucket
Zinnias from my garden. Have nothing to do with this post, but aren't they pretty?



This program has 4 runs a week- MWF and a long run on Sat. This week's "long run" is 2 miles :D

No comments: