Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mom's cooking dinner = free for all

Last night I decided I'd cook a nice dinner for my poor overworked husband, even though he would likely have to microwave it in the middle of the night when he got home. Luckily, I have a freezer full of beef (that will have to be explained in another post). So I pulled out several fillets in the morning and after picking Matthew up from camp started cooking them.

First I scrubbed the purple potatoes:
Photobucket
Then I tossed them in some olive oil and sprinkled with black pepper and sea salt:

dinner


Throw potatoes in a 425 oven
Pan sear and then roast bacon wrapped filets:
dinner

Toss salad:
dinner
Pull potatoes out of the oven:
dinner
Plate out little kids dinner:
dinner
Eat and enjoy! :
dinner

Later on while cleaning up dinner and downloading photos from camera discover what REALLY happens while I cook:
dinner

Yup, that's my daughter in the background... with no pants on, wearing a bunny mask and up on my dining room table.

1 comment:

The Church Cook said...

That's what happens to all the great cooks with small children! Precious post! And your dinner looks fabulous!