Thursday, December 08, 2011

Christmas Photo Display- 13 years in the making...

13 years back, when Matthew was a month old we took him to see Santa. Came home, framed the photo, and a tradition was born.
Photobucket
See baby Matthew in photo to the right :)


Every year since I've added another photo to the collection- every 4 years or so another little face appeared in the mix.  For the last 8 years I've begun to also frame that year's Christmas card (which typically includes a photo of the children as well).


Photobucket
Photobucket


I love watching this get bigger each year, and am so glad I began this tradition way back. I clear off all the "everyday" photos, etc. from my shelves in order to display.  Also a great time to really dust those shelves, ha ha.


Photobucket


Finally decorated our tree last night too.  We got it on Saturday, ha ha, I think those branches have fallen down as much as they are going to ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket


School lets out next Friday, I am so excited to have the kids home for 9 whole days before Christmas- lots of baking, crafts (well, attempts) and movies! 

Also, I started running again yesterday- haven't really run much since the half, it felt GREAT!


1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I like your tradition

I hope you have a great holiday